A 100% Solution
Blue Star Recyclers Provides a 100% Solution to Two Critical Problems
Blue Star Recyclers is an award-winning 501c3 social enterprise with locations in Colorado Springs and Denver, and Boulder CO. Founded in 2009, our core mission is recycling electronics and other materials to create local jobs for people with autism and other disAbilities.
Our mission to date has produced these triple-bottom line results:
- Over 40 local jobs for people with disAbilities in Colorado communities
- Over $4 million in new local revenues and $1.5 million in taxpayer savings
- Over 12 million pounds of electronics ethically recycled
The growth of volume, revenue, and number of jobs created by Blue Star Recyclers exceeds 30% annually.
Our workforce proves that lack of employment is not related to disabilities but lack of opportunity. Your recycling fees help us achieve over 90% self-sustainability and pay our workers real wages.
- Aptitude and attitude for careful, detailed, repetitive work
- Lowest turnover, absenteeism, and lost-time accident rates in the industry
- Over 98% work-task team engagement while on the clock
Blue Star Recycler's social and environmental deliverables are detailed in our 2017 Annual Report.
Qualtek's Q-munity© helped develop Blue Star Recyclers. Q-munity is leveraging the proven results demonstrated by Blue Star Recyclers by helping other communities establish electronics recycling programs that create local jobs for people with disAbilities. Read more about how Q-munity© is business creating sustainable communities.